Sunday, June 7, 2009

True or false

As a teacher I have often relied on the age old assessment tool of True or False statements, but it seems that lately many of the truths that I have held, that society around me, and culture has blindly accepted as written in stone are beginning to to look different to me. That is to say not true, untrue, false. What if some of our most basic beliefs are wrong, incorrect, not really what we thought? What is reality? What is truth? Just because everyone else does it, accepts it, believes it is no longer enough or me. I must look deeper and ask more questions. This planet's crust is only about 7-30 miles thick, but its some 4,000 miles to the core. We are very familiar with the crust, the surface of it anyhow, but that is not all there is. There is more, the reality of Earth is much more involved than dirt and soil and worms. I am digging for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment